Friday, February 09, 2007

you decide, part ii

I'm excited about this morning's comparison. What a great song! We're comparing, of course, Tim Buckley's original version of Song to the Siren with the 1984 version that perhaps made it (very) famous. That one was released by This Mortal Coil, which featured vocals by Liz Fraser from the Cocteau Twins.

Also, just because you're good, I'm going to throw in a version of the song released by The Czars.

Strange thing? When I was preparing my uploads for this post, I decided to give the Czars' version another whirl, since I hadn't heard it in over a year. I think I never gave it a chance last time, because I think it might be my favorite so far. That's saying something, given how much I respect Tim Buckley, and how much I obsessed over TMC's version in the past...

Tim Buckley - Song To The Siren

This Mortal Coil - Song To The Siren

The Czars - Song To The Siren


As always, fair readers, vote in the comments...

No comments: