Saturday, February 03, 2007

because the tiger part is absent

I'm going to post something I think would make him very excited. (He is very excitable, after all...) Antony ~of Antony & The Johnsons fame~ has provided all of the vocals for the latest 5-song EP from composer Michael Cashmore, The Snow Abides. (Check it out on MySpace...) Also, Antony & The Johnsons is allegedly recording another album right now... So, that's pretty cool. Despite the rather morose approach to song-writing employed, I think few can deny the beauty of the orchestral arrangements or the striking (if Boy George-esque) vocals.

Samples from older albums, in release order and the order in which they attracted my attention... Be careful not to drown in the pathos:

From the self-titled album:

Antony & The Johnsons - Cripple & The Starfish

Lyrical highlights:
I am very happy
So please hit me
I am very very happy
So come on hurt me

From I Am A Bird Now:

Antony & The Johnsons - Fistful of Love

Lyrical highlights:
I feel your fists
And I know it's out of love
And I feel the whip
And I know it's out of love

No comments: