Monday, July 10, 2006

the mountain goats

Not just the kings of the hill anymore. Unless that hill is the Hill of Chill, Low-Fi Folky Goodness. Then they're still the kings. Check them out.

I'm going to post one of the songs from their new album, Get Lonely. (It comes out August 22 I believe.) Here is the first stanza of lyrics:

On the morning when I woke up without you for the first time
I felt free and I felt lonely and I felt scared
And I began to talk to myself almost immediately
Not being used to being the only person there
The first time I made coffee for just myself, I made too much of it
But I drank it all just cause you hate it when I let things go to waste
And I wandered through the house like a little boy lost at the mall
And an astronaut could've seen the hunger in my eyes from space

So yeah. Nice, huh?

The Mountain Goats - Woke Up New

And yes, the tiger half of this blog better take this as a "If You're Not Careful I'll Post About Devendra Before You Do, Bitch" post...

No comments: